Friday, December 14, 2007

My Uncle in Hong Kong!

I've spent the last few days in Hong Kong; I had to come here yet again for a doctor's appointment. This is the sixth time this semester I've made the trip, for one reason or another! A lucky coincidence was that my Uncle Robert from New York City happened to be here on business this week. He works at Deutsche Bank and travels a lot with his work. The last time I saw him was about a year and half ago... at that time neither one of us had the slightest idea that our next meeting would be in Hong Kong!

Anyway, Uncle Robert put me up in a very nice hotel right in Lan Kwai Fong, the famous bar district of central Hong Kong. It was fun to be right in the middle of the city! He and I went out to a couple of fabulous meals, including sushi and gourmet Chinese. Who knew that octopus could actually be appealing? Later, we had fun staking out seats on the street at the Lan Kwai Fong bars and observing people. Our favorites were two middle-aged people making out at the bar across the street: my uncle said they reminded him of two sea lions on the Discovery Channel.

Thanks Uncle Rob, I had a great time. :)

No comments: